An awning’s age along with recent weather conditions are some contributing factors to structural failures and can pose a significant public safety risk.
Project Remediate is a large-scale, three-year program introduced by the NSW Government in 2020 to see the removal of combustible cladding from high-risk, residential (Class 2) apartment buildings across the state.
The program has been implemented to protect NSW residents from high-rise building fires exacerbated by combustible cladding such as the incident at Grenfell Tower, London and follows Australian legislative changes that have taken place as a result.
3-year program, commencing in 2020.
Trusted experts in cladding remediation
With more than two decades experience in facade remediation and design, having completed over 6,000 projects across Strata (residential), Government, Commercial and Industrial sectors throughout Australia, CORE were selected to deliver combustible cladding remediation consultancy services for Project Remediate.
To date, the CORE team has completed the very first tranche of triage inspections on 30 buildings including:
- A full review of Council documents to help inform the planning and pre-inspection stage
- Identifying cladding panels for intrusive investigation – to gain the most design benefit while ensuring efficient and cost-effective use of resources
- Intrusive investigation of nominated cladding panels to help determine existing condition, structural adequacy and latent defects
- Laboratory testing, assessment and review of combustible materials within the facade to inform the implementation of suitable risk mitigation strategies
- Preparation of comprehensive cladding investigation reports detailing existing cladding systems that would form the basis of the new facade design.
Our team is proud to be a part of the program and look forward to supporting further stages of the program as we know this work is critical to life safety and gives purpose to what we do.